We now offer 30 hours childcare to the children in our Nursery. Please speak to the office for further information.
Teacher: Mrs Khan and Mr Murrin
TAs: Mrs Mema, Mrs Archer and Ms Stalham
Please click here to visit the Squirrels Pre Nursery page
News from the Nursery
Nursery Overview Autum Term 2020
Welcome to Nursery class! I hope you all had a superb Summer break. I am pleased to say that children have settled very quickly into Nursey class. Our initial priority will be settling the children into Nursery, sharing expectations and establishing routines. We will soon introduce group time where your child will spend short periods of time with the adults in the setting and some of their peers. We will confirm keyworker groups once we have had a chance to get to know the children.
Our initial mini topics will be All About Me and Settling In. We will then choose topics according to the children interests. Activities planned will cover all areas of Early Years curriculum. Planning is displayed in the classroom so that you can see what children are learning. It is always subject to amendments as we try to follow the children’s interests. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspect of our topic or would really like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic, please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
General Nursery Reminders:
- All children should have a named water bottle and wellies in school please.
- All children should bring a named book bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work and letters home.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan. Shoes should be trainers that fasten with velcro.
- PE lessons will take place every Tuesday
- To develop independence please encourage your child to have a go at dressing themselves and putting their coats on. We are of course always on hand to help but children feel extremely proud when they master these skills and of course it means they can get on with their activities and without having to wait for adult support.
- Every item should be named.
- We have a lunch club and afternoon sessions. You can book regular sessions by filling out the form which is sent home at the end of each half term. If you require adhoc lunchclub /afternoon sessions please ask a member of staff whether this will be possible and they will check availability for you. Please note that you need to provide a cold packed lunch if your child is staying for lunch.
- Donations for tissues are always gratefully accepted
- We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term. From the toy fund this half term we will purchase small world and sensory toys.
Whilst Nursery children are not of statutory school age it is of course highly beneficial for them to attend Nursery regularly and punctually so that they get used to our routines and feel settled and confident. If your child is absent, please call us before school so that we can mark the appropriate code on the register. Leave of absence forms should be filled out if you are planning to take your child out of school for reasons other than illness.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Khan & Mr Murrin