Teacher: Mrs Khan and Mr Murrin
TA: Mrs Archer, Mrs Mema, Mrs Stalham
We now offer 30 hours childcare to the children in our Nursery. Please speak to the office for further information.
Teacher: Mrs Khan and Mr Murrin
TAs: Mrs Mema, Mrs Archer and Ms Stalham
Please click here to visit the Squirrels Pre Nursery page
News from the Nursery
Nursery Overview Summer Term 2021
We hope you all had a superb Easter break. Before covering the term ahead, we would just like to say how pleased we are with how well the children are growing as learners. They are really taking pride in their achievements and enjoy seeing their work on display.
Our Nursery Day
Nursery begins at 9am with our whole class teaching session starting promptly at 9:15am. Consequently, we ask all children are in and settled in good time so that they are ready to learn and don’t miss the beginning of the teaching that will filter into the rest of their day.
If your child attends morning sessions only, please ensure your child is collected promptly at 12pm so that we can start the afternoon session on time. Afternoon session finishes at 3pm, again please ensure your child is collected at 3pm so that we can set the classroom up for the next day.
Please ensure that sun cream has been applied at home before your child comes to school. All children need sunhats and a water bottle in school. Blue school shorts can be worn as part of the Early Years summer uniform - no grey school shorts or summer dresses as these are the uniform for Key Stage 1 and beyond.
This term’s theme
Our initial mini topics will be Space and Pirates. We will then choose topics according to the children’s interests. Activities planned will cover all areas of Early Years curriculum. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspects of our topic or would like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic, please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
Toy Fund £5 contribution
We really value these contributions as we do get through a lot of consumables in Nursery and we are always buying new things to enhance the provision for our children: making it exciting, stimulating and relevant to our topics.
If you are able to make a £5 toy fund donation it will be used to replace some worn items on our water wall, get some more exciting sensory activities and enable us to do more cooking and food preparation with the children with this term’s contributions.
Whilst Nursery children are not of statutory school age it is of course highly beneficial for them to attend Nursery regularly and punctually so that they get used to our routines and feel settled and confident. If your child is absent, please call us before school so that we can mark the appropriate code on the register. Leave of absence forms should be filled out if you are planning to take your child out of school for reasons other than illness.
General Nursery Reminders:
- All children should have a named water bottle and wellies in school please.
- All children should bring a named book bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work and letters home.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan, blue shorts (in the summer)
- Shoes should be trainers that fasten with Velcro.
- PE lessons will take place every Tuesday
- To develop independence please encourage your child to have a go at dressing themselves and putting their coats on. We are of course always on hand to help but children feel extremely proud when they master these skills and of course it means they can get on with their activities and without having to wait for adult support.
- Every item should be named.
- Donations for tissues are always gratefully accepted.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Khan & Mr Murrin