Squirrels Pre-Nursery is open Monday to Friday during term time.
We work on a ratio of 1:8 in Little Oaks and 1:4 in Acorns. All our staff are fully qualified and experienced who work together to provide a homely, secure atmosphere in which the children can learn in confidence.
We have the facility to take 24 children at any one time and run two sessions per day 8:30 - 11:30 am and 12:30 - 3:30 pm.
We hope that you all had a great Easter. We would like to welcome all our new parents and children.
Our initial priority will be to settle the new children into Acorns and to help our older children to adapt to making new friends and establish our routine. If you are unsure of your child’s key worker please see the list on the notice board in the cloakroom area or ask a member of staff. We are always happy to talk to parents at the beginning or end of each session.
This term our topic is going to be growing. We have made our role corner into a flower shop and we have set up a garden centre outside with a small café. We will be encouraging the children to plant flowers and look after our garden and help with watering. We will be growing out own sunflowers and making some sunflowers for a maths display. We will be looking at books about growing including The Enormous Turnip and Jack and the Beanstalk.
Our topic planning is displayed in the cloakroom area and is always subject to amendment as we try to follow the children’s interests. If you have any suggestions for our planning, please speak to a member of staff.
Could I please remind parents that the use of mobile phones on school premises is not permitted. It would be much appreciated if you could take into consideration our neighbours if you are using your car to pick up and drop off.
Whilst Pre-Nursery is not compulsory it would be appreciated if you could call us before the session starts if your child is unable to attend so that the appropriate code is used in the register.
Children with sickness or an upset stomach should not come into school and should be clear of symptoms for 48 hours before returning to school.
Thank you for your continued support.
Sue Caruana, Chantal White, Carol Buck, Michelle Smith and Marzia Gizzi
General Pre-Nursery Reminders
- All children should have a named water bottle, a change of clothes and wellies in school please.
- We have a voluntary toy fund of £5 per half term which is greatly appreciated. This money helps to buy new resources and ingredients for cooking.
- All lunchboxes should be named on the outside.
- All children should bring a named bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work/letters home.
- Could I please ask that you provide your child with 2/3 pieces of fruit each week which we cut up and share will all the children.
- Could you please remember to name all of your child’s clothing.
- Please note that we will not be responsible for any items that are brought in from home.
- If you need to contact the Squirrels pre-nursery the number is 0208 953 2310.
- Children with sickness or an upset stomach should not come into school and should be 48 hours symptom free before returning to school.
Our Daily Routine
08.30 Arrival time
08.45 Carpet time
09.00 Child Initiated/Adult led activities
10.30 Tidy up time
10.40 Snack time
10.50 Outside time
Acorns Outside time
11.20 Songs and rhymes
11.30 Home time
11.30-12.30 LUNCH TIME ACORNS/LITTLE OAKS
12.30 Arrival time
12.45 Carpet time
13.00 Child Initiated/Adult led activities
14.30 Tidy up time
14.40 Snack time
14.50 Outside time
Acorns Outside time
15.20 Songs and rhymes
15.30 Home time