Teacher: Mrs Khan
TAs: Mrs Kevin/ Ms Archer / Ms McGinley
News from Reception
Welcome to Reception Class! I hope you all had a superb Summer break. I am pleased to say the children have settled into Reception life and are all so enthusiastic and ready to learn. Our initial mini topics will All About Me and Settling In. We will then choose topics according to the children interests
Activities planned will cover all areas of Early Years curriculum. Topic planning is also displayed in the classroom so that you can see what your children are doing. It is always subject to amendments as we try to follow the children’s interests. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspect of our topic or would really like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic, please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
- Please look at the school dinner menu on the door and have your dinner choice ready for when you come in.
- All children should bring a named school blue book bag and their zip reading folder to school every day to ensure homework and letters can be sent out daily.
- Please ensure reading books, reading record book and sound cards are in the zip reading folder daily as your child is heard read on set days although these may be subject to change. Continue to hear your child read and practise the sounds we enclose in their reading folder every night. Your child’s reading book will only be changed if you have signed their reading record.
- Homework will go home every Wednesday and should return with completed homework by the following Please encourage your child to do as much of this homework independently as possible.
- Library books go home every Thursday and need to be returned to school by the following Wednesday.
- All children should have named water bottles.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan. Shoes should be trainers that fasten with Velcro
- Don’t forget to send in your Wow Moments into school for our Wow board so that we can celebrate out of school achievements in school as well.
We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term. From the toy fund this half term we will purchase a new water tray, water and sand toys. Thank you to all those you have contributed so far.
Thank you for your support. If you require any further information, please come and speak to myself or a member of the Reception team.