Squirrels Pre-Nursery is open Monday to Friday during term time.
We work on a ratio of 1:8 in Little Oaks and 1:4 in Acorns. All our staff are fully qualified and experienced who work together to provide a homely, secure atmosphere in which the children can learn in confidence.
We have the facility to take 24 children at any one time and run two sessions per day 8:30 - 11:30 am and 12:30 - 3:30 pm.
We hope that you all had a lovely Christmas break. We are delighted to welcome all of our new children and parents to our Nursery.
Our initial priority will be settling the children into Nursery, sharing expectations and establishing routines. We will introduce group time where your child will spend short periods of time with the adults in the setting and some of their peers. They will discuss expectations and reflect on how things are going. They will learn to take turns and sit nicely. This time helps to develop the children’s confidence to share their ideas and thoughts in a small familiar group setting. As the children settle we will use this time to develop confidence during small group time and to do other adult led focused activities.
After our initial settling in period our topic will be spring and baby animals. We hope that we will be able to invite some exciting visitors in to talk to us and provide some interactive activities and experiences!
Topic planning is displayed in the classroom so that you can see what your children are doing and how it relates to the Early Years Outcomes. Planning is always subject to amendments as we try to follow the children’s interests. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspect of our topic or would really like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
Please see our Squrriels reminders below.
Thank you for your continued support,
Sue, Sarah, Ruth, Michelle, Marzia, Stephanie, Chantal and Roz.
General Squrriels Reminders:
- The morning session begins at 8.30am and finishes at 11.30am. The afternoon session begins at 12.30pm and finishes at 3.30pm
- All children should have a named water bottle and wellies in school please.
- All children should bring a named book bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work and letters home.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan. Shoes should be trainers that fasten with velcro.
- To develop independence please encourage your child to have a go at dressing themselves and putting their coats on. We are of course always on hand to help but children feel extremely proud when they master these skills and of course it means they can get on with their activities and without having to wait for adult support.
- Every item should be named including all lunchboxes, sandwich boxes etc
- We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term.
Whilst the children are not of statutory school age it is of course highly beneficial for them to attend regularly and punctually so that they get used to our routines and feel settled and confident. If your child is absent please call us before school on
0208 953 2310.
Our Daily Routine
08.30 Arrival time
08.45 Carpet time
08.55 Child Initiated/ Adult led activities
10.00-10.20 Acorns Snack/ Little Oaks Outside time
10.20-10.40 Little Oaks Snack/ Acorns Outside time
10.40 Acorns/Little Oaks Outside time
11.15 Story/Songs and rhymes
11.30 Home time
11.30-12.30 SQUIRRELS LUNCH CLUB
12.30 Arrival time
12.45 Carpet time
12.55 Child Initiated/ Adult led activities
2.00-2.20 Acorns Snack/ Little Oaks Outside time
2.20-2.40 Little Oaks Snack/ Acorns Outside time
2.40 Acorns/Little Oaks Outside time
3.15 Story/Songs and rhymes
3.30 Home time