Teacher: Miss Sayers
TAs: Mrs Dunnage/ Mr Hutchings
Click here to see our timetable
News from Reception
I hope you had a fantastic Christmas break; it is nice to see Reception children so enthusiastic, ready to learn and all smartly dressed in the school uniform. Reception class have already been extremely busy learning new letters, their sounds and practising to write them in sentences phonetically.
Moreover children have also been learning to double and halve numbers, find one more or one less from a given number and understand the values of different coins.
Our topic for this half term is ‘Fairy tales’. During topic sessions children will look at a range of different fairy tales and complete activities linked to the seven areas of the Early Years curriculum.
- All children should bring a named school blue book bag and their zip reading folder to school every day to ensure homework and letters can be sent out daily.
- Please ensure reading books, reading record book and sound cards are in the zip reading folder daily as your child is heard twice a week and new sounds are added throughout the week.
- Continue to hear your child read and practise the sounds we enclose in their reading folder every night. These sounds form part of your child’s Literacy assessment and it is amazing how much progress the children make when they practise on a regular basis.
- Homework folders go home every Wednesday and should return with completed homework by the following Monday.
- Library books go home every Thursday and need to be returned to school by the following Wednesday.
- All children should have named school water bottles which you can purchase from the office.
- PLEASE NAME EVERY ITEM OF UNIFORM INCLUDING PE KIT.
- Shoes need to be trainers that fasten with Velcro as this will aid independence.
- It is essential that your child has their PE kit in school by Monday as our PE day is Thursday. Moreover PE kits should include a pair of school PE shorts and school T-shirt which should be placed in a school PE kit bag. All PE kit equipment can be purchased from the main office.
- ‘Show and Tell’ sessions take place every Friday. Your child can bring in one object that is related to our topic or sounds that we have learnt.
- We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term. Thank you to the parents who have contributed towards the toy fund. With the toy fund collect we have bought Small world toys and dolls.
- Don’t forget to send in your Wow moments into school for our Wow board so that we can celebrate out of school achievements in school as well.
- Thank you for your support. If you require any further information please come and speak to myself or a member of the Reception team.