Teacher: Miss Sayers
TAs: Mrs Dunnage/ Mr Hutchings
News from Reception
I hope you all had a fantastic Easter break; it is nice to see Reception children so enthusiastic, ready to learn and all smartly dressed in the summer uniform.
Our topic for this term is ‘what a wonderful world’. During these sessions children will explore growing and change. We also have caterpillars and will be planting beans- we are very excited to see the changes that will happen. We will also be learning about different countries, climates and cultural aspects - all activities are linked to the seven areas of the Early Years curriculum.
If your child has a particular interests please do let us know as we will incorporate this into our planning.
- All children should bring a named school blue book bag and their zip reading folder to school every day to ensure homework and letters can be sent out daily.
- Please ensure reading books, reading record book and sound cards are in the zip reading folder daily as your child is heard twice a week and new sounds are added throughout the week.
- Continue to hear your child read and practise the sounds we enclose in their reading folder every night. These sounds form part of your child’s Literacy assessment and it is amazing how much progress the children make when they practise on a regular basis.
- Library books go home every Thursday and need to be returned to school by the following Wednesday.
- All children should have named school water bottles which you can purchase from the office.
- Shoes need to be trainers that fasten with Velcro as this will aid independence.
- Don’t forget to send in your Wow moments into school for our Wow board so that we can celebrate out of school achievements in school as well.
- Parents can support their childs learning by uploading photographs and special moments onto Tapestry.
PLEASE CAN I REMIND YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR CHILD WITH A SUN HAT AND SUNCREAM
Thank you for your support. If you require any further information please come and speak to myself or a member of the Reception team.
Reception Timetable 2018
Summer term overview