We now offer 30 hours childcare to the children in our Nursery. Please speak to the office for further information.
Teacher: Mrs Cornwell
TAs: Mrs Alefounder/ Mrs Archer
Please click here to visit the Squirrels Pre Nursery page
Our weekly timetable can be viewed here
News from Nursery
We hope that you all had a lovely summer break. We are delighted to welcome all of our new children and parents to our Nursery.
Our initial priority will be settling the children into Nursery, sharing expectations and establishing routines. We will introduce group time where your child will spend short periods of time with the adults in the setting and some of their peers. We will confirm keyworker groups once we have had a chance to get to know the children. They will discuss expectations and reflect on how things are going. They will learn to take turns and sit nicely. This time helps to develop the children’s confidence to share their ideas and thoughts in a small familiar group setting. As the children settle we will use this time to explore our Letters and Sounds curriculum and to do other adult led focused activities.
After our initial settling in period and mini topic, ’All About Me ‘, our main topic for this half term will be ‘Animals ’. We hope that we will be able to invite some exciting visitors in to talk to us and provide some interactive activities and experiences!
Topic planning is displayed in the classroom so that you can see what your children are doing and how it relates to the Early Years Outcomes. Planning is always subject to amendments as we try to follow the children’s interests. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspect of our topic or would really like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
Please see our Nursery reminders below.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Cornwell, Mrs Alefounder and Mrs Archer
General Nursery Reminders:
- Nursery begins at 9am. The Nursery morning finishes at 12 midday and the full Nursery day ends at 3 pm.
- All children should have a named water bottle and wellies in school please.
- All children should bring a named book bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work and letters home.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan. Shoes should be trainers that fasten with velcro..
- To develop independence please encourage your child to have a go at dressing themselves and putting their coats on. We are of course always on hand to help but children feel extremely proud when they master these skills and of course it means they can get on with their activities and without having to wait for adult support.
- Every item should be named including all lunchboxes, sandwich boxes etc
- We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term.
- Friday ‘Show and Tell’ will usually relate to our topic or the sound that we are working on that week.
Whilst Nursery children are not of statutory school age it is of course highly beneficial for them to attend Nursery regularly and punctually so that they get used to our routines and feel settled and confident. If your child is absent please call us before school so that we can mark the appropriate code on the register. Leave of absence forms should be filled out if you are planning to take your child out of school for reasons other than illness.