We now offer 30 hours childcare to the children in our Nursery. Please speak to the office for further information.
Teacher: Mrs Cornwell
TAs: Mrs Alefounder/ Mrs Archer/Mrs Mema
Please click here to visit the Squirrels Pre Nursery page
Our weekly timetable can be viewed here
News from Nursery
We hope that you all had a lovely Christmas break and would like to wish you a very happy new year. We are delighted to welcome all of our new children and parents.
Our initial priority will be settling the new children into Nursery and helping our older children adjust to the increasing numbers, sharing expectations and establishing routines. We will use our carpet time and group time to discuss expectations and reflect on how things are going. The children will learn to take turns and sit nicely. This time helps to develop the children’s confidence to share their ideas and thoughts in a small familiar group setting. We will confirm keyworker groups for our new children once we have had a chance to get to know them and the dynamics within the class.
Our main topic for this half term will be ‘London’’. Please see our topic web to gain a view of how we will use this topic to develop the children’s skills and learning across the seven areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Topic planning is also displayed in the classroom so that you can see what your children are doing. It is always subject to amendments as we try to follow the children’s interests. If your child has been especially enthusiastic about any aspect of our topic or would really like to learn about something in particular within the topic or has suggestions for a future topic please let us know so that we can try to include this in our planning.
Please see our Nursery reminders below.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs Cornwell, Mrs Alefounder, Mrs Mema and Mrs Archer
General Nursery Reminders:
- All children should have a named water bottle and wellies in school please.
- All children should bring a named book bag into school on a daily basis so that we can send work and letters home. These are the perfect size to fit in the children’s trays. Please do not send in large rucksack type bags as there isn’t enough room for these in the cloakroom area.
- School uniform for our Foundation Stage –blue joggers, white polo shirt and blue school sweatshirt/cardigan. Shoes should be trainers that fasten with velcro..
- To develop independence please encourage your child to have a go at dressing themselves and putting their coats on. We are of course always on hand to help but children feel extremely proud when they master these skills and of course it means they can get on with their activities without having to wait for adult support.
- We usually have PE in the hall on a Wednesday. For this lesson the children take off their shoes and socks so no tights please on a Wednesday!
- Every item should be named : uniform, wellies, drinks bottles , lunch bags and containers etc
- Please speak to the office if you would like your child to stay all day ( until 3pm) either as part of a 30hour funded place or as a paid for place for which you will be invoiced.
- We appreciate your toy fund contributions of £5 per half term. We use this money for perishables for messy play and cooking , as well as towards specific projects.
- Friday ‘Show and Tell’ will usually relate to our topic or the sound that we are working on that week. Information will be given weekly.
Whilst Nursery children are not of statutory school age it is of course highly beneficial for them to attend Nursery regularly and punctually so that they get used to our routines and feel settled and confident. If your child is absent please call us before school so that we can mark the appropriate code on the register. Leave of absence forms should be filled out if you are planning to take your child out of school for reasons other than illness.